Thursday, August 11, 2011

Katherine Schwarzenegger speaks about parents' split



Katherine Schwarzenegger is addressing the breakup of her parents Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, the first one in the family to speak about the surprising split.

"Me and my siblings have never really been in the spotlight growing up," she tells Harper's Bazaar. "My parents always really sheltered us, so when [the separation] started happening, it was like everything came out of nowhere overnight."

Schwarzenegger, 21, tries to avoid reading headlines about her family. "I see them, but I choose not to read the stories because I figure whether it's true or not, I don't need to," she said. "I just focus on my family and everyone being OK instead of following the gossip."

Living with the Schwarzenegger name wasn't easy even before her parents' split, she tells Bazaar. "I thought of changing it because, especially for dating, it's impossible. It's something I deal with every day, and I am hyperconscious about it."

But, she says, "I really do believe everything happens for a reason. A lot of the time, it's hard to understand in the moment why things are happening, but I really do think that. I also like to think God doesn't really give you anything you can't handle."

What's been helping her through it lately? British singer Adele. "Oh! I'm obsessed with Adele. It's the best emotional music," she says. "These past two months, I'm like, bring it on, Adele."

No comments:

Post a Comment