Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taylor Momsen Confirms She Has Quit Acting

When Taylor Momsen ditched her high school role on Gossip Girl to focus on fronting her band, the Pretty Reckless, it seemed she'd put acting on the back burner. In an interview with Elle, the rocker chick confirmed the obvious: acting is a thing of her past.

She told the magazine: "I quit acting, actually. I quit Gossip Girl and now tour and am in a band and that’s pretty much all I want to do. Hopefully I’ll be able to only do that for the rest of my life."

When Momsen left the teen-crazed CW show to become a grunge singer-songwriter, she made an effort to shape her image by distancing herself from other young singers.

"I'm not looking to be Miley f***ing Cyrus," she told FHM in 2010. "I don't care about the fame. I do it because I love music. I think the Disney bubblegum s**t that the world is living right now is pathetic."

Taylor Momsen Performs at 'T in the Park'Taylor Momsen T In The Park - Day 3Taylor Momsen Taylor Momsen at the Wireless FestivalTaylor Momsen Taylor Momsen Performs at the Wireless FestivalTaylor Momsen Wireless Festival 2011 - Day 3Taylor Momsen Taylor Momsen at King's College in LondonTaylor Momsen Taylor Momsen Leaves the Embassy Club in LondonTaylor Momsen Taylor Momsen Shops with Her Mom at BarneysTaylor Momsen Taylor Momsen in NYCTaylor Momsen 3rd Annual Revolver Golden God Awards - Show

No comments:

Post a Comment